The Friends of Abingdon Abbey Buildings Trust have a small archive of items relating to Abingdon Abbey and the Abbey Buildings. The archive contains books, prints, photographs, negatives and slides, including a series of sepia photographs of the Abbey Buildings taken in 1896. There are a number of publications including those relating to the early history of the Abbey together with copies of reports on investigations and work on the restoration of the Abbey Buildings.

Here is a selection of material from the archive.


Early Photographs


The Site when in use as a brewery, 1855
The Site when in use as a brewery, 1855

Newspaper Cuttings

Newspaper cutting - Purchase of old cottages


Recent work on the buildings